Everything is Thunder at PrairieCon

From: bernuetz.oliver_at_...
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 11:16:51 -0400

Hi there,

Well, it wasn't held in a castle (small university gymnasium actually). And when I couldn't find HeroWars on the big display of events on the wall and asked where it was being held they asked what kind of game it was (sigh) but I did run Everything is Thunder at a local con on the weekend. I actually ran it twice, once for my regular gaming group (which only includes four players so we were two short for all six characters) a month or so ago, and again at the con where we ended up with the exact number of players and a gender make-up that fit the PCs perfectly. The con group was made up of two of my regular gaming group and four people who had driven all the way from Saskatoon to play in Brandon (about an 8 hour drive). They were mostly neophytes to Glorantha. One person knew that Glorantha had ducks (and didn't mind):-). And two of them had read over the HeroWars rules (and been confused:-().

Both groups enjoyed the scenario but it really is too much for four hours.

The con group were favorably impressed with both the world and the characters especially since most of them were neophytes to Glorantha and none of them had played HeroWars before.

They liked the fact that you could have useful characters that weren't fighters. I can't say that they were impressed with the HeroWars rules but then this is a rules light scenario so probably isn't a good showcase for them. They didn't say anything negative about them either though. And one of them did invite me to Saskatoon to run HeroWars at an upcoming con!

Good work John!

Oliver