Alkoth 2

From: Svechin_at_...
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 13:11:03 EDT

Second part and direct answers:
> As far as I can see there's no reason for followers of other warrior gods

> not to visit, though the Humakti with the geas 'never refuse a challenge to
> single combat' could have problems. What I'm wondering is whether shrines
> to other war gods are permitted within the city. Any thoughts?

The Alkothi recognise the Ten War Gods of Dara Happa as sanctioned by the Buserians of the Empire. In the modern era those ten gods are:

Shargash the Destroyer
Urvairinus the Conqueror
Elmexdros the Warrior
Yelmgatha the Hero
Kastokus the Horseman
Vankamant the Hoplite
Erraibdavu the Hunter
Tarnils the General
Anirestyu the Logician
Karvanyar the Dragonslayer

Because they are sanctioned they are also given access to Yelms three weapons - Spear, Bow and Mace - thus gaining the feats in the Combat affinity.

This will be fully explained in ILH3 - the Dara Happan book which we are working on right now.

> One party member is a keen mountaineer. As soon as he heard that no-one
> had ever climbed the walls of Alkoth he took it as a challenge - after all,
> he's been helping people over the giant-built walls of Pavis for a living.
> He has a shock coming!

The player will be allowed to try climbing the wall ( I think the Alkothi will be amused, impressed if he succeeds), however it is totally smooth and cannot be pinioned as it is unbreakable. It is also 100 metres high. Note that it is higher outside than inside as there are millenia of buildings built on top of each other to raise the inside level by around 20 metres.

In addition the wall has defensive magics, spirits, demons, summonings that can and have defeated the massed ranks of the Carmanian Magi at the height of Carmanias power. So he better not be seen as a foe!

Good luck

Martin Laurie