Re: Ways to beat a curse.

From: dzo01 <dzo_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 11:03:36 -0000

> > but out in the hinterlands all bets are off! (hinterlands
> > being anything, oh, five miles away from the city or roads...)
>
> That far away? I'd go no further than say the fishermen village
right
> outside the city wall, or possibly even within.

That's true, considering it took place only 60km from Calcutta in the modern world...

Now, how do we work it into Glorantha? We know of many ritual marriages in Glorantha (river ritual of Sun County, Kero Fin conferring the KoDP status). This one, however, has a much nastier feeling.

What sort of malign animal spirit would demand a young girl in marriage, and why would he villagers not run immediately to the nearest shaman to get it banished? Excellent story potential here I think...

Cheers,
Yak