Re: Re: Ways to beat a curse.

From: donald_at_...
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 20:43:56 GMT

In message <bcupm8+ahj7_at_...> "dzo01" writes:

>Now, how do we work it into Glorantha? We know of many ritual
>marriages in Glorantha (river ritual of Sun County, Kero Fin
>conferring the KoDP status). This one, however, has a much
>nastier feeling.
>
>What sort of malign animal spirit would demand a young girl in
>marriage, and why would he villagers not run immediately to the
>nearest shaman to get it banished? Excellent story potential
>here I think...

I can't see anything particularly nasty about the incident.

I'd substitute an alynx for the dog and place it among the Orlanthi. They already have several forms of marriage so another one wouldn't be too difficult to cope with. The alynx isn't malign, just looking for a cosy hearth. It probably indicates that the child has been selected by Yinkin as well.

Of course some uptight Dara Happen might well interpret the wedding as a strange Orlanthi perversion and cause no end of trouble.

This doesn't of course mean that there couldn't be something similar elsewhere - near Dorastor the spirit might be a broo and the villagers sacrifice the child to propiate Thed.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/