Re: Praxian Digging Tools

From: donald_at_...
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 21:08:44 GMT

>I'm working on a plotline where a Lunar idiot tries to dig a canal connecting
>the Oslir and Creekstream river systems at their point of closest approach (Black
>Eel - Stinking Forest - Snake Pipe Hollow.) I'm trying to visualize what magic
>they'd expropriate for the job, and how it could go spectacularly wrong.

If he had any sense he'd hire a dwarf to dig it, with interesting repercussions if the dwarf didn't agree that the canal was needed to fix the world machine. However as you describe him as an idiot he might hire a sorcerer to summon a gnome which would dig the canal exactly where instructed (AFAIK they aren't intelligent) so that's straight through that marsh. Oh dear! the gnome seems to have dissolved.

That's before you take into account meat eating elves in the Stinking Forest and chaos in Snake Pipe Hollow.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/