Carmanian joke

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_...>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 14:40:11 +0300

Finally, a chance to retrofit all these Balkan jokes I know...

***

A peasant in Carmania is walking along, when they stumble upon a magic lamp in a field. Figuring "why not," he gives it a rub -- and out pops a magic genie. "I am the genie of the lamp! Three wishes I will grant thee -- what doest thou desire?"

The peasant thinks it over, and says, "You know, I'd really like the Pentians to invade Carmania."

The genie looks askance, but grants the wish: and lo!, a million Pentian warriors burst into Carmania, pillaging and looting.

After a time, the genie says, "Enough!," and the Pentians vanish over the horizon. "Thy next wish, o master?"

"Hmm. I could really go for having those Pentians invade Carmania
again."

The genie shrugs. "Very well." And lo!, a million Pentian warriors savage Carmania, burning down the cities.

After a time, the genie says, "Enough!," and the Pentians vanish over the horizon. "Thy final wish, o master? And may I suggest that you consider this strongly, for thee may have anything within my power!"

The peasant thinks for hours, and finally confesses, "I can't think of anything I want more than for the Pentians to invade Carmania one more time."

The genie shakes its head. "Very well." And lo!, a million Pentian warriors ride once more, destroying all that had survived.

After a time, the genie says, "Enough!," and the Pentians vanish over the horizon. The genie surveyed the ravaged land that had been Carmania, and sighed. "Oh foolish master, I take my lamp and depart. But why, stupid one, would thee wish for the Pentians to invade thy land three times?"

"Well," said the peasant, "they went through Dara Happa *six* times."