Augmenting...

From: Viktor Haag <vhaag_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 11:20:17 -0400

Last Friday my session used an Extended Contest (to wonderful effect) to model my characters telling a heroic tale to a neighbouring clan in order to smooth over a diplomatic problem.

The question of augmenting arose: one of the players rolled to agument, and blew a hero point in the process, acheiving a +2 augment on a trait of 16. I pointed out, with some humour, that he could have acheived this by default, without rolling and burning the point.

Is this the case? I understood that "auto-augments" value at TraitValue/10, round nearest. Is that right?

Do the new rules even allow you to attempt a greater augment by rolling?

--
Viktor