Re: The 'Clan Questionnaire'

From: Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 20:10:03 +0100

Viktor Haag wrote:
> The questionnaire is problematic, I think. Here's some I somewhat agree.

> maintaining interest was tough.

Likewise, even with experienced Glorantha players.

> I tried to keep things
> moving, but it still took us that long. I think this is too
> long to maintain interest in the thing.

Likewise. To make matters worse, the characters are from several clans, so we had to run through the questionnarire several times. The uninvolved players have nothing to do.

> Although we've only been playing for a few months, we had
> filled in a fair amount of detail about the clan just through
> play, and greater effort was then required to reconcile this
> detail with the questions in the form.

For the central clan, I had determined so much (over 2 years of play) before publication of the questionnaire, that Charles Corrigan and I came to a consensus on answers that were consistent with the background. We had no problems reconciling the background with the available options.