Re: Re: hard and soft shipping dates

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 17:16:30 +0100 (BST)

> Hmmm, my experience has been much different. Where I
> come from (east
> coast US), the big stores are the ones that can
> afford to buy in bulk
> and tend to be less expensive than the small mom &
> pop type store

This makes perfect sense to me, and I have very little idea why things work the other way round here.

Maybe the big stores have to pay higher rates/rents for their locations?

Maybe it's the, um, "less knowledgable" buyers who tend to use the big stores, and they can be conned into paying vastly inflated prices?

I just wish that when it came to buying games, I even *had* the choice between big and small stores :( As it is, I get to pick my web-site.

Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/