Re: sea spirits or sea gods ?

From: BEThexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 01:10:36 -0000

With the imminent arrival of HQ there is another option of sorts added, that most belong to a "common religion", and may use some mix of various magics.

I'm not sure how well wizardry/sorcery/veneration/whatever we're supposed to call it now would work under water (do they have a writing method? Can you have magic of this sort without written instructions?), but both theism and animism easily work. It could be that for many of the races, they have feats for this and charms for that and maybe some talents too, and waters being mixed as they are, does anyone really care?

Of course, the more magically powerful sorts would be specialized, so in the end you still have to anser the question to some degree. But it could be that for the general aquatic denizen, you can just give them a handful of likely sounding bits of magic and not worry too much about their specific nature.

--Bryan