Re: Sea spirits or sea gods?

From: BEThexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:34:43 -0000

True (although I suspect many will use common magic at first, for the extra abilities, then drop it the first time they need to boost their magic...), however in this case I had the impression he was not talking about player heroes, but rather NPC races. I was just pointing out that if it is just a matter of dealing with a few ludoch emmisaries, you can probably fudge the magic without doing any abuse to the game background.

> I doubt there are many cultures who use it as their 'heroic'
> default, if you see what I mean. But I could be wrong :)

Well, except a few of the Esruvlian, err, eseruvalers, ah, esrashurler, ah, those people down south of Heortland, between the sea the Rockwood mountans. Also, I'm waiting to see HQ to understand whether common magic works on "the other side," and if it does there is at least the potential for some interesting (or perhaps niche) heroes specializing in common magic. Maybe it isn't the easiest route to power, but that isn't always the point.