Magasta's magic

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 14:22:04 -0700

BEThexton <bethexton_at_...> wrote:

>> I imagine [Magasta] must have a sub-cult (Aspect ?) related
>> to the Hell Seas or the Hole.
>
> Or possibly that is the cult secret? It seems like the sort of
> extreme magic that doesn't lend itself to affinities so much to me.
> But a secret "wash it down the hole" or something like that, that
> would make true masters rather fearful.

I'd think the Hole magic would be self-sacrificial, yes? Magasta didn't create the Whirlpool to destroy his enemies, he created it to save the cosmos from the Void.

So perhaps his secret would be some variety of "die to save others", or "die and take foe with you". Not much use in day-to-day life, but perhaps on heroquest it'd be useful and not necessarily fatal. (It could be something like Odayla's "sleep back to life"--that is, you die and take the foe with you, then you return from death.)