Re: Re: Digest Number 1363

From: donald_at_...
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 12:41:14 GMT

In message <bglb1r+bo50_at_...> "simon_hibbs2" writes:
>wrote:

>> Remember, this list is, to a significant degree, supposed to be
>> "newbie-friendly". Assuming people have UW or TT is a great way to
>> get newbies off the list, and quite possibly the game.
>
>I don't think it's a case of assuming anyone's got anything.
>Even possession of all the official II products isn't a
>'requirement' for joining. Surely any discussion that is
>about gaming in Glorantha using HW must be on-topic, and worth
>anyone's attention.
>
>I think increasing the exposure of Hero Wars/Hero Quest
>publications is obviously a suitable goal for this list.

Yes, but at the same time the list needs to avoid giving the impression that unoffical publications, or indeed all the official supplements are necessary to enjoy Glorantha.

My view is that reference to anything currently available should be OK but detailed discussion which assumes the reader has copies available should be shifted to the digest.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/