RE: Assumptions to be avoided

From: Matthew Cole <matthew.cole_at_...>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 13:51:57 +0100

A compromise would be to put posts in context. Instead of referring to a book or using a TLA or FLAFS! (that's Five Letter Abbreviation FS!) we could actually post what we're talking about.

>waits for the moans to subside<

If I was new and came to this list, read something interesting from one of the books and found it accessible, I'd be more likely to come back. The read would be more entertaining, the advertising of the products would be subtle enough not to get into trouble (?) and people wouldn't have to have an encylopaedic memory to feel included.

This is not to say that there aren't people doing this already.

p.s. I'd agree with Jane: assumption is the mother of all FUs