Re: Parts of Gbaji

From: David P. Summers <dsummers_at_...>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 19:16:20 -0500

At 9:14 AM +0000 8/5/03, simon_hibbs2 wrote:
>--- In HeroQuest-RPG_at_yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Cole"
><matthew.cole_at_b...> wrote:
>
>> In the spirit of keeping this list for the non-illuminati: the major
>> myth says that Arkat fought his whole life against Gbaji the
>Deceiver
>> (known as Nysalor by the deceived), finally facing off in a place
>now
>> known as Dorastor. After the fight, Gbaji was dead and Arkat was no
>> longer a troll (he had become a troll as part of his quest to defeat
>> said Deceiver).
>
>Note that all of this is according to the followers of Arkat,
>the serial betrayer who even deserted his own species in order
>to become a monster. Any educated being can plainly see that
>Nysalor the Good God was foully betrayed by Arkat and the forces
>of darkness, which then enslaved much of the world under an
>empire of shadow.

I play in a Lunar campaign and we come across "part of Gabji" that we have to deal with (as evil). Now I find I'm not sure I understand how we, as Lunar's are likely to see them.

The posts I've seen say that these are not parts of Nysalor, so that Gabji wasn't Nysalor who had been corrupted by Arkat(?). So the view is that Arkat, in his drive to destroy Nysalor, became first a Troll and then became a monster called Gabji? Is this the Gabji that the Red Moon Goddess defeated in her goddess quest?

--
David P. Summers, SETI Institute
Mail Stop 239-4

650-604-6206