RE: Re: Parts of Gbaji

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 02:07:21 -0700

David P. Summers <mailto:dsummers_at_...> wrote:

> The posts I've seen say that these are not parts of Nysalor, so that
> Gabji wasn't Nysalor who had been corrupted by Arkat(?). So the view
> is that Arkat, in his drive to destroy Nysalor, became first a Troll
> and then became a monster called Gabji? Is this the Gabji that the
> Red Moon Goddess defeated in her goddess quest?

Hrm. Yes, as I understand it, the Dara Happans think that Gbaji ("the Deceiver") is another name for *Arkat*, not for Nysalor. But they nevertheless believe that Arkat defeated Nysalor in the battle and destroyed them. I'm pretty sure nobody believes that the Red Goddess conquered Arkat on her godquest. (And to Lunars, Nysalor is a Good Thing, one part of the Lunar Way or somesuch.)

So... hrm. Probably a Lunar would assume that the horrible chaos monstrosities called "Parts of Gbaji" are actually something completely different, some kind of evil scheme that Arkat-Gbaji hatched that really have nothing to do with the body of poor old Nysalor.

Or... or...

No. I've got it. They're the parts of Nysalor, who was fouly murdered by Arkat (aka "Gbaji"). The body parts seem like horrible evil chaos monstrosities because of the evil spells that evil Arkat put on the body of poor bright nice Nysalor. So of course, there's a grand Lunar project to find all the parts of Nysalor and bring them together, reassembling the Bright God! And, um, somewhere along the line we'll need to figure out a way to break the evil spells that Arkat put on them.