RE: An awful canard, and durulz winter sports

From: bernuetz.oliver_at_...
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 10:12:04 -0400

John wondered:

>The next stop on my beasty round up is baboons. Unfortunately, baboons are
>much less serious than ducks. With their hierarchical society, they're no
>doubt big on team sports. Any suggestions?

Buzkashi of course, without the horses.
http://www.afghan-network.net/Culture/buzkashi.html

Baboons are perfectly capable of holding things in their mouths and running. Probably evolved from youthful playing with kills.

BTW Canada actually has two official national sports, hockey for winter and lacrosse for summer. I'll bet the Orlanthi play something like lacrosse, shinny or field hockey. It'd be wild with players who could fly. A real three dimensional playing field. Quidditch anyone?

Oliver