Re: An awful canard, and durulz winter sports

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 20:56:52 +0100 (BST)

> > Just for the
> > record, it's hockey. All other varieties (air,
> road,
> > etc.) get a qualifier before the noun, but not the
> > one, true and original hockey. :-)
>
> Hmmmmm .... you mean the variety played by
> school-uniformed, goosebumped, young
> girls, desperately attempting to seem
> earnest in the wet chill of a typical English
> sports day ?!

I remember being a school-uniformed girl playing hockey in the mud. The sport as I remember it was.... unladylike. Vicious, even. There were rules: the first one was to take out the ref before you started taking out the other team.

I'm sure Canadians, being nice civilised people, don't play nasty uncouth games like that :)

Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/