Re: Re: An awful canard, and durulz winter sports

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_...>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 23:34:10 +0200

Jane :

> > Wow. I shall have to revise my opinion of Field
> > Hockey to something
> > of a worthy companion to Ice hockey.
> >
> > Don't forgoet to "Give Blood" - on the ice. Its for
> > the team.
>
> A little too close to truth for comfort. My younger
> sister very nearly lost an eye due to being hit in it
> with a hockey stick.
>
> Protection? Don't be silly, this isn't American
> football! I once saw shin pads for the goalie, but
> that was thought of as being pretty wimpish.

Oh God, yeah : I seem to remember about _three_ occasions in my English schoolboy life where I was supposed to play hockey with the girls, each occasion ending up as ignominious fleeing of the vindictively-wielded, rain-sprayed, mud-bespattered hockey stick, aimed tender-flesh-wards and mind-fuckwards ...

Julian