Re: sports

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 19:00:40 -0700

Oliver

>I'll bet the Orlanthi play something like lacrosse, shinny or field hockey

I think the "Orlanthi" of Umathela play something like lacrosse (isn't it based on a Native American sport). Others have described Dragon Pass Orlanthi as playing something like field hockey (which I think of as having a vaguely European origin).

Speaking of American sports, I'm not sure who plays the Ball Game, found throughout Mesoamerica. (It's famous for the losing team being sacrificed, though I doubt this was done except in ritual circumstances.)

--

David Dunham   dunham_at_...
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html