Re: A Hushed Silence descends...

From: Newt <newtiswrong_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 00:50:59 -0000

All I can say to Johns mail is wow!

What a good message to the list, and perhaps the first of many messages that truely inspire people reading the list to go out and play the game that they will remember for the rest of their lives.

I've been fortunate enough to have a draft copy of the rules since April, as a reward for the very enjoyable work of demoing HQ to the masses here in the UK (aka GenConUK, and other D&D dominated cons). Believe me the hype is true. HQ is the ruleset that we have all been waiting for.

If you think that just sounds like some fan boy hyping up a game that he gets free cos he demos it at at big bucks cons, you so wrong its not true. Believe me I have better things to do than deno games that I don't beleive in, or more importantly the first time players don't believe in. As any con demoer will tell you there is no greater sense of heartbreak of carefully creating a game for no one to turn up. When myself Darran Sims and Mick Rowe ran HeroQuest at the organisational farce that was GenConUK we had players going away flushed and glowing. And then they came back for more!!!! Half our players over 4 days came back and made a point of saying that they would buy HQ when it came out. We even had one player how said he was going to buy it and run it with his regular group where everyone is a strong minded good gm and there is a 6 month wait to get your game played!!!!!!!

The buzz is there, the rules are there. Its now up to us Gloranthan fanatics to bring it to the public that are hungry to be introduced or reaquainted to Glorantha.

Regards

;O)Newt

http://www.iamwrong.co.uk/rhqn/