Re: Re: mixed worship in Umathela

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 18:01:42 +1300

Jeff paraphrasing Greg from memory.

>You are allowed to use one magic system. If you wish to switch to
>another system, you loose _everything_ you had in the previous one and
>start over from scratch.
>
>If you use one system such as Sorcery, then one cannot use theistic or
>animistic *worship* elements (I don't know about a sorcerer trying to
>use fetishes, for example but intergration is certainly not an option)

I don't think this is totally true for we are told that on p166 of HW:RiG that there are "theists who practice ecstatic worship, in addition to sacrifice", on p167 of same "sacrifice is occasionally found among animistic or sorcerous cultures, though its use in those settings is usually viewed as evil or wrong" and so on.

Certainly any magic learned from this might be much more difficult.

--Peter Metcalfe