Re: Zorak Zoran & Amastan

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 10:20:11 -0000

> I think the discussion as gone somewhat off the track of what I was
> asking. I am really inerested in peoples views on the worship of
> Zorak Zoran within Uz society.
>
> For example how much interaction is their between Amastan
worshiping
> Uz and those who choose another aspect of ZZ?

I would expect an awful lot. After all they worship in the same temples, and apart from the subcult their general worship of Zorak Zoran will be shared.

> ...I guess there could be
> a fair amount of friction, but am assuming they would co-exist
around
> some of the larger temples?

They'd co-exist in pretty much all the temples, perhaps with a few unusual exceptions such as special holy places of Amastan, but I'd expect these to be shrines or very small tamples only and perhaps only one or two of those. They're just different parts of the same religion.

Having said all that, there will be constant struggles for power in most ZZ temples. It's a violent religion and some of their rites are deadly. Especialy in the larger temples, factional antagonisms based on all sorts of divisions will affect daily life. Sure the Amastan guys will have their own factional interests, but I think the religious differences will be just one of many possible resons for forming a faction. So in some temples the factional politics might split on subcult lines, in others it might split on family or personality differences and subcult membership might not be a big deal.

Ultimately though they all worship Zorak Zoran, and will follow the most powerful war leader among them.

Simon Hibbs