RE: 'elf' attitudes

From: bernuetz.oliver_at_...
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 17:26:55 -0400

Bryan wonders:

>How do the `elves' of Glorantha view this sort of thing? Are they
>always opposed to destruction of plants and trees? Or do they
>consider that certain cycles are a healthy thing? Or would this
>actually be viewed as a class war thing, where `tree elves' would
>oppose forest fires, but `bush elves' would welcome it as giving them
>new living space?

I think given the way forests and elves have been pushed back that whether it's good for them or not that the forest elves would violently resist any destruction/reduction of forest size. Of course you could easily postulate that there are elvish splinter groups (ouch, pun intended) that are in favour of these fires to revitalize the forest. It may depend on whether the trees need fires to reproduce. I believe some tree species do.

Oliver