Re: Curse of Kheldon Tribe

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 12:50:41 +0100 (BST)

> ><<According to BA p.7, our queen Kallyr's tribe
> Kheldon since the failing of
> >rebellion and exile of the Queen,
> >the people have lost their Motion Powers
> entirely. They now do
> >?everything slowly and inefficiently, even
> harvesting and hunting.>>

> I think that it just means the complete loss of the
> Movement affinity
> and feats based on the Movement affinity. If they
> had a lot of
> Movement-related Common Magic then that might be
> gone, too.

This makes good sense, but might I suggest a look at Kheldon NPCs published since then? I don't have the books available in work, but "Orlanth is Dead" has stats for Kallyr, and presumably other Kheldon NPCs. See what movement magic they've got.

There's also the possibility that this bit of colour isn't even an Orlanthi "all" (85%), but an "everyone knows" all. Like "everyone knows that the Lismelder have webbed feet", "everyone knows that the Poss men prefer their sheep to their women", and so on. Maybe 5% true at most. (Ask any Lismelder. Everyone knows it's only the Marshedge clan that have the webbed feet. Unless, of course, you ask one of the Marshedge...)

Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/