Re: Curse of Kheldon Tribe

From: Viktor Haag <vhaag_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 13:46:24 -0400

Jeff writes:
> Also, in Orlanth Is Dead, Kallyr is an expereinced and
> powerful HeroQuester and at the forefront of the
> rebellion. The Curse happened because the Kheledon gave in to
> the Empire.

Not in my Glorantha.

> It may be that only the Kheledon who forsook their rightful
> queen are cursed. And it might be that when the tribe rebels,
> they regain their proper powers.

The Kheldon's solved their problem (or at least put it on the back burner) by consciously setting up a council acceptable to the Empire. However, every good Kheldon knows who the real ruler is. And as for the rumour that "She" has a line of communication with the current tribal government and feeds them orders from afar? Well, I'm sure that's just a rumour spread by tribal enemies...

The Kheldons in my campaign may or may not be cursed; others accuse them of being sympathizers, but not everyone, and the wise will notice that, even as the Kheldon alynx exposes her belly to the enemy to be rubbed, she is flexing her sharp claws (as if in mere tactile satisfaction, but they're oh! so close to Lunar flesh)...

At the climax of my campaign's first season will come an incident that will usher my PCs into adulthood, confront them with the tragedy that is the Orlanthi's current plight, and provoke the Kheldon people into questioning whether their Policy Of Contrition is the right one. (At least, I hope so.)

--
Viktor Haag : Software & Information Design : Research In Motion
                              +--+