Re: Re: Curse of Kheldon Tribe

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 20:39:19 +0100 (BST)

Jeff:
> The Curse happened
> because the Kheledon gave in to the Empire. It may
> be that only the
> Kheledon who forsook their rightful queen are
> cursed.

Julian:
> given that the Kheldon lost their Movement
> magic precisely *because* they exiled her and her
> companions, it stands to reason that it went along
> with her, and that she probably has all of it.

And this sort of thing makes me go "it did? it was? where does it say that?" So, having got home, I checked the sources. And found to my great delight that they're so beautifully vague that any of these could be true!

"Since Kallyr's exile, the people have lost their Motion Powers entirely". The cause is not given: it isn't even called a curse. Could be something done by the Lunars, could be due to Kallyr being away, could be anything.

And Kallyr's stats in OiD include a Movement affinity from being a Vinga initiate, but also "she heads an army... who can run on air or water" which sounds very Movement to me! But might be a power inherent to the army rather than to her.

So, is it all of the Kheldon who are "cursed", only those loyal to Kallyr, or only those not loyal to Kallyr? Or some other segment of the population? Depends on whether any Kheldon PCs in your game are for or against, and whether you want them to have Movement problems, doesn't it? Your Glorantha WILL vary. By order.

Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/