Re: Curse of Kheldon Tribe

From: John Hughes <john.hughes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 09:29:54 +1000

I don't think theres a definitive answer *yet*.

Of course, it could be as simple as that classic and ever-effective slave resistance technique of dragging one's feet. Move as slowly as possible when working for the Lunars. Act subservient but stupid. Lose stuff. Blame it on queen rituals now denied you.

'You made our Queen go into exile, and so our powers of motion are lost to us'.

The Lunars turn this into a double-speak propaganda coup using their usual weapons of mass deception, and before too long every newbie graduate of the Lunar Colleges of Magic is hopping it down to Kheldonia to learn about and practice *real* motion denying magics.

So you get a mixed bag of real magical curses and resistence/deception techniques.

And yes, whatever it is - and poisoning or replacing the tula guardian power would be a real possibility, or perhaps a Motion-denying slave bracelet or tattoo - it seems confined to Kheldonia, and does not effect tribe members abroad.

John

John Hughes
Centre for Aboriginal Economic Policy Research Australian National University
Canberra ACT 2600

Phone (02) 6125 0649