Where the durulz live?

From: Antonio Álvarez del Cuvillo <antalvarez1976_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 07:37:42 -0000

Well, we know the durulz were treated as scapegoats after 1613 rebellion (in spanish, we could talk about goats, but also we could say "pagar el pato"="pay the duck" for it ;-)). A lot of them were killed. Barbarian Adventures say "most of the rest fled to Beast Valley (...) or out of Dragon Pass". But what about the rest?

HeroQuest says: "Many now live as outlaws and men laugh at their trouble". So, there are many wandering ducks without clan, looking for survival. Perhaps they've lost their stead, their family, and things like that. Or perhaps some of them are pursued because their participation in the Rebellion.

But my questions are:

-Is the bounty against them "live" (in 1621)? If the ansewer
is "yes", any ideas for what they do for surviving, avoiding people, hiding, hiding their appareance (not their height ;-)), etc?

-Are there some 'sedentary' durulz in their ancients lands,
living 'normaly' in their steads? I suppose yes, because they have selected a Orendana worshipper as the Tribal Queen because the banishing of Orlanth worshipping. So, there are not-pursued durulz.

In fact, I understand the bounty as a tribal 'presumption', not exactly a racial concern. If you are a durulz, you are supposed to belong to the durulz tribe. Theoretically, you could prove that you are duck from other manirian region or a Keet, but, in the practice, it's very difficult (and everybody wants been exempted from taxes). If you belong to the durulz tribe, you're supposed to be a rebel, and theoretically you could prove you're a Lunar-sympathizer, but it's difficult. If I'm right, there could be 'legal' ducks with the bounty active.

What do you do in your games?

Regards,

Antonio