Re: Changes in runes. Why?

From: Nils Weinander <nils_at_...>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 19:30:05 +0200

Olli wonders about the Nysalor rune, here is the answer from Issaries, as channeled by Stephen Martin:

Dear Olli,

Good catch -- I wondered how long we could keep the two runes a mystery!

> When I read about the runes that people have wished for their HQ
Hardcover
> editions, I noticed that some runes were changed. Why?

Actually, only one rune changed, the Nysalor rune. This occurred because of a production error on Issaries' part, and it was not noticed until Warehouse 23 had received and begun processing the hardcovers. Essentially, one of Greg's rune lists was used to create the first listing, but I apparently used a different one when I created the production files that went to the printer.

> At least the Nysalor-rune is different. Which list should I trust?
The one
> that was made available, when I selected my rune, or the one issued by
> Issaries recently?

The original list and the new list are both correct -- although the "new" Nysalor rune was labeled on that first list as "Miscellaneous", further research into Greg's notes show that both runes are in fact associated with Nysalor. The one on the original list seems to be from Dara Happa and/or the Lunars, while the "new" one may have an eastern origin.

We have already contacted the three people affected by this problem.

Cheers,

Stephen

Nils Weinander
We sail on a ship made of dreams.