Re: Digest Number 1398

From: Andrew J. Weill <aweill_at_...>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 14:56:53 -0700

>Andrew Solovay posted:
>
>I don't suppose anybody knows of any San Francisco Bay Area campaigns
>running? ;-) [*]

There's a long-standing campaign group here which has been using Ray Turney's homebrew rules for some years, although we are thinking of starting a campaign using HQ rules. If you want further information, feel free to contact me.

I definitely agree that the HQ rulebook's big success is its excellent examples of play. One thing I'd love to see in this list are examples of noteworthy play. Although I don't have any HQ specific examples, I am reminded of a wonderful Cthulu campaign I ran years ago with a player who had a knock-off of Indiana Jones. In one particular confrontation, Indy had just escaped from some eldritch horror, by just the barest of rolls. I determined that he had made good his escape, but his hat had fallen off in the room he had just left. It took only a moment's hesitation for the player to decide that damn the consequences, he was going back for that hat! That kind of roleplaying should be rewarded with Hero Points . . . er, that is, if the character survives.

Andy Weill