Aldryami attitudes (was: 'elf' attitudes)

From: Sampo Koistinen <epaz_at_...>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 17:50:36 +0300 (EEST)

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, David Dunham wrote:
> Bryan
> > How do the `elves' of Glorantha view this sort of thing? Are they
> > always opposed to destruction of plants and trees? Or do they
> > consider that certain cycles are a healthy thing? Or would this
>
> I think aldryami, being longer-lived than humans, would tend to take
> the long view of things. They would be well aware of cycles.

This can also work the other way, creating a story seed: what to do when the aldryami of the nearby forest start spreading the forest to your fields? Gets even worse if they have an ancient contract on cycles, where your clan/whatever was allowed to burn part of the forest, in return for the forest spreading back (and a little bit further) later. The clan's ancestors didn't want to think so far ahead and only saw the good parts, and now the players have a problem to solve.

-Sampo Koistinen

ps. This is my first post on this list, forgive me for all errors, typos and so on.