Re: (Mod) England, Austrialia and George Bush

From: Gerald Bosch <gbosch_at_...>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 19:20:31 -0400

Okay

My first quibble (outside of a couple minor typos)...

Once again we are getting the scurrilous anti-Durulz propaganda fostered by Storm, Solar, and Lunar alike- "argumentative", "cowardly", etc...

On a more serious level, the durulz description reads like something from a Gloranthan human viewpoint. This isn't a problem for informed readers and veterans of the cultural realtivity debates on the Digest. For newbies, though, this becomes "objective truth about Glorantha." Now if the intent is to leave the durulz as Donald/Daffy stereotypes suitable only for comic relief, so be it; but then we have the absolutely contradictory tone of the caption under the drawing, which suggests that the text description isn't true. Again, right in line for the old Glorantha hand, but perhaps confusing for the newbie?

Still, my delight over the rest of the set is barely dimmed by this minor issue.

Gerald