Dithyramb

From: Frederic Ferro <Frederic.Ferro_at_...>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 12:33:24 +0200

Tridi 24 Gutemberg CCXV (in the Positivist Calendar), a Compatriot Bo Ros�n <brosen_at_...>
skrev/skrifar/schrieb/scr�obh/schreef/scripsit/ha scritto/escreveu/�crit/escribi�/egrapse/kirjoitti/p�s(e/�rta/napisal:
>ons 2003-09-03 klockan 22.14 skrev Christoph Kohring <ChOK_at_...>:
> > > Ceterum censeo unionem europensem delendam esse
>
>I think he doesn't like the EU :-)

<irrelevant rant, please ignore>
Which is normal for a Swiss since Wealthy Confoederatio Helvetica will be the only non-member enclave in Western continental Europe with Hyper-Affluent Norway (they slay Moby Dicks with gold & diamond harpoons, yes, sir).

Andorra, Liechtenstein, Monaco, San Marino, the Vatican - & Al-Amarja IIRC- have all an associate status. Only a few over-opulent fjords & cantons heroically resist our Benevolent Brussels Imperium. But resistance is futile & the Imperium-Emporium will last more than 600 years. <irrelevant rant off, add emoticons where appropriate>

Back to Topicality, Topicalness, to our subject; ObGLORANTHA/HeroQuest

[caution: exclamation marks heavy]

I LOVE HeroQuest !!! & !

I thought the changes would be only "cosmetic" and I am surprised by the new details (Landscape magic, Guardian Hills, Common Magic & all that jazz) which are going to subtly alter the way I saw and played Glorantha. If only they had officially cursed the very concept of "misapplied worship", my bliss would be complete.

Good work, everyone.

I expected "HeroWars 1.1 THE ERRATA" and I got far more than that (but no lousy T-shirt).

I love the new/old map from RQ2 (and the "in-game" corrections)! Gods, I feel so old.

I love the gazillions of small footnotes & flavour texts under the pictures.

I love the Index!
YES!! THERE IS A sprockin' INDEX!!!! FULL OF WORDS AND PAGE #'s!!!!! umm, my apologies. Got carried away. Definitely worth the price of admission.

There is A LOT of stuff there. I may need vacations already to finish this book.
New players (remember those?) may feel a little overwhelmed but it is part of the Charm & Awe of the best RPG setting.

I first wrote (in our parochial gallic mailing-list, Glorantha-VF) that Our Beloved Lady Sedenya got short-changed but that was before reading the Magic section.
She is there in all Her Glory & Splendor! Praised Be the Moon!

Verry impressive, indeed, eh.
Take a bow, lads (and, right, lasses or wotever yer say, guv'nor),

Anacharsis Ho Barbaros Philosophos

--

Ubi bene, ibi patria