Re: hhhheeeelllpp mmeeeeeeeee...

From: BEThexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 17:06:37 -0000

There is just thing I would quibble maybe just a bit a bit about. When we did a round of what first hooked us on Glorantha, here on this list last Spring, I was far from the only one who said something about the omnipresent magic--the fact that everyone had it and it was part of everything.

Now, what you described is challenging enough, but it seems to me that leaving magic totally out of it misses one of the big selling points of the game. So perhaps managing to get in there somewhere "OK, so as a musician you would be what they call a Skald, and you worship god in the form of Drogarsi the Skald. Whenever you are doing anything to do with music, movement, or fighting, you can take time to call on him, and he'll make you a little better at it. If you are desperate there might be more that you can do, ask me if we ever get to a point where you willing to take big magical risks."

Perhaps even earlier in the discussion the narrator could seed comments about the importance of religious community in who knows who.

I've not done this thing, so the above might be just stupid....but I do think that introducing magic is a good thing. Just my opinion.

--Bryan