Celt myth: Nuada de Danann

From: Hallier Wilfried <vingo_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 10:47:31 +0200

> [...] I was reminded of Nuada of the Silver Hand,
> and went looking him up. It seems that he lost his
> hand in a fight, and with it his right to be King
> (being maimed is a disqualifier). So another god
> called Dian Cecht (healer and craftsman) forged him
> a silver hand that was just as good as a real one.
> But then Dian Cecht's son (an even better healer)
> managed to heal the original hand, and replaced the
> now redundant silver one. Dian Cecht, feeling that
> this was a trifle tactless (and with a certain
> amount of professional jealousy), killed his son.
> (Which took some doing, but that's another story.)

The celt myth I know of Nuada:
"
Nuada lose one hand at the battle of Magh Tuireadh. He was leader of the Tuatha de Danann. He also lose his right to be king and Bres does the job a while for him.
But Bres was an uncommon leader, because he was son of the Fomorri, enemies of the Tuatha de Danann. A Silver Hand was made by Dian Cecht (healing god), but not good enough to give the right to be King. Bres half-Fomorii was a dictator, so not loved by his people.
Nuada of the Silver Hand was not satisfied by the hand, so he quests Miach to make him another. Miach Son of Dian Cecht he was able to make one of blood and flesh.
Dian Cecht killed his son for jealousy.
Nuada of the Tuatha de Danann came back to the Trone. And war restarted with the second battle of Magh Tuireadh.
"

Nuada success the second time to have fully been restored.

Envie de discuter en "live" avec vos amis ? T�l�charger MSN Messenger http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/m la 1�re messagerie instantan�e de France