Re: Effing Excellent

From: argrathi <argrathi_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 16:50:12 -0000

Thanks for the replies.

Jeff:
>Who do you think Flesh Man is? =)

Well, yeah, I get that, he's everyone's ancestor. But.. he's a minor figure in the myths and also, I remember, he is worshipped by thugee murdering people on the roads. That was the last time I saw details of Flesh Man worship. I think he has had a major promotion in the godly heirarchy.

Affinities.

So, to sum up...
Affinities augment mundane abilities but don't allow the PC to do what is unnatural to him on an everyday level?

Would it be right in saying that there would be some small magical bending of normality when the affinity is used?

Devotees can improvise feats from his god's myths (at a modifier) but initiates can only improvise feats from the published list?

Affinities augment in ways that are suggested by the feats. So my raider can't augment his 'sneak past wyter' ability with his Raiding affinity because we know Finovan didn't do that himself. What if we didn't know that Finovan didn't do that?

Thanks again for the replies.