Re: Re: Bad French news

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 10:30:35 +0200

Ingo :

> > Multisim is dead...
>
> Very bad news indeed, and not just for the French.
>
> It is also bad for the Germans because the have
> also the right to the German issue and I don't know
> if someone in France step forward to get the rights
> of publishing in french that they want also the german one.

Sadly, the German HW licence was a non-starter, as the German distributors basically failed to carry Multisim's German products, except in tiny quantities, for basically protectionist reasons (the distributors work hand in hand with the established German game companies, and decided not to let Multisim into the market).

That's why no further German HW books were produced or published by Multisim.

:-(

Still, it does mean that Germany is still untested waters as far as HQ is concerned, and maybe Issaries can now try and find a better deal with an _established_ German company ?

Julian Lord