Re: Maps as opponents

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 17:32:48 +0100 (BST)

> I told them ..
> that they should consider the map as an opponent.
> Whenever they
> wanted to do something based on information from the
> map they'd have
> to do a simple contest against the map.

> This method allowed me to add information as I
> decided the story
> needed it and allowed the abilities of the
> characters to determine
> how much information they gathered from the map
> rather than the
> actual players scrutiny of a piece of paper.
>
> Anyone else done anything like this??

I never have, but I will now it's been suggested. It occurs to me that you could also have the map as an item, with an ability attached to it. Use it as an augment, or as a straight ability augmented by their skills.

Jane Williams

Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger http://mail.messenger.yahoo.co.uk