Re: Re: New Redjay episode available...

From: Viktor Haag <vhaag_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 10:58:57 -0400

Jane Williams writes:
> --- Viktor Haag <vhaag_at_...> wrote:
>
> > .. the Loremaster was pretty sure she knew who the figures
> > in the heroquest were, and sort of what was going on, but it
> > was a story she did not know about.
>
> Well, I'm surprised. I won't name it here as it might Spoil
> things for others (and your players if they read this), but it
> was pretty obvious to me. Yes, it's an unusual variant, but
> it's clear what it's a variant *of*.

Ah! Well, in that case, please enlighten *me* Jane! (off list is fine)

I was *ahem ahem* spitballing the plot (although I did have several sort of "sign post" points for the adventure, most of the details were arrived at completely dynamically).

[snip]

> > Did one of them stand up and say, "Hey! We're on a hero
> > quest!", no, I don't think so. But they're so knew to the
> > setting that I'm not sure that they'd think in those terms.
>
> I was actually wondering if they recognised *which* HQ they
> were on. Obviously not, then.

Oh, God no! And, as above, I didn't either. 8)

But it would be very useful for me to know -- so, please, contact me off list with your analysis!

> When I did something similar to my players, one of them did
> recognise what was going on just after it had happened
> (shortly after "killing" "Yelm" with a stolen sword and saying
> "oops").

heheh.

--
Viktor Haag : Software & Information Design : Research In Motion
                              +--+