RE: Conversion (was Re: YOWIE)

From: McIver, Colin <Colin.McIver_at_...>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 09:34:41 -0000

Hi everybody,
This is a first time contribution for me, however, my "cure" for conversion is to use RQII.x
for mundane gaming & HW conversions for worship/ceremonies/HQing. I have found this to be quite effective (although possibly sacrilige to some)
The main reason for this is that when converting from II to III the players complained of "losing the feel of the character" & the same happened with III to HW, but they were all equally impressed with the mythological "feel" of HW

Kind regards

Colin McIver

Wulf Corbett wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Nov 2000 08:55:19 -0600, "Guy Hoyle" <ghoyle1_at_...>
> wrote:
>
> >Melisande's Hand is definitely one I'm looking forward to, as is
> >Gaumata's Vision. Of course, the Giant's Cradle epic is another one
> >I'm highly interested in. Perhaps an informal survey of scenarios
> >that people are interested in is in order?
>
> Anything with Muriah in it... I want her head on a pike...
>
> Wulf

Preferably a long one!

Howerver, I do know that MOB has someone converting the material for Garhound. Don't know about Gaumata's Vision or Cradle, though I suspect that folks on the Prax Pak list could tell us more about it.

'Vision' would convert nicely (I just went through it last night) but the rest of Borderlands (either publication) might run into trouble as they cover areas that are not well fleshed out in HW and could end up with rules continutity problems when future materials are published.

Hope this helps,

Jeff

                Email Disclaimer

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to our clients any opinions or advice contained in this email are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in the governing KPMG client engagement letter.