Re: HELP! Can anyone explain the mechanics of Sorcery and Tapping?

From: bigblackcatmail <bigblackcatmail_at_...>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 16:34:48 -0000

"What are you trying to convert?"

RR

I'm currently working with Lael Buchanan on a conversion of the FFG Midnight setting. I was wondering if Tapping would be appropriate to the Channelers of the setting. It isn't. Lael had some great ideas on how to handle Channeling, and I think I'll run with those. For anyone interested, I am more than willing to email a copy of the Word document to them in a week or so. Lael noticed a whole slew of editorial issues and has pointed out a bunch of errors and ommissions, so it's far from complete, but closer.

I was also planning on running a short HeroQuest campaign in R.E. Howard's Hyborea. I don't have a conversion per se. I've just underlined keywords and abilities (given the vagueness of the setting that should be more than enought) in the racial descriptions in the HyboreaD20 project available online. But Tapping definitely fits some of the evil Sorcerers of that realm, as does Theism ("Crom, guide my sword!"), Animism and Wizardry.

Thanks for the reply. This has helped out a great deal.