Seven Moms Baboon Module

From: John Hughes <john.hughes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 10:53:08 +1000

Andy mentioned 'Seven Mother's Do 'Ave 'Em - Amazon Women of the Red Moon' .

  I still occasionally get requests for this, the original RuneQuest baboon convention module from 1989. It's become a convention staple over the years, despite, or perhaps because of, the fact that there is little plot to get in the way of three hours of scenery-chewing and gratuitous babooning. There are quite a few photocopies (and photocopies of photocopies) floating around the tribe.

Unfortunately, I can no longer help with these requests. I no longer possess the module in an accessible electronic format. The second rewrite was done circa 1990 on a 4 meg Mac SE with a *gasp* 40 meg hard drive, on a dtp program called 'Ready, Set, Go'. If I do possess the original disks, they're somewhere in my sister's garage along with the mac, my pointy velvet boots, my entire goth wardrobe, my Necronomicon 1 t-shirts and all my vinyl LPs. Even my print copies have largely dissipated after half a dozen convention outings.

What I *do* have and am very happy to make available to anyone interested, is the sequel, the Lunar baboons vs duck bandits 'Beak No Evil/Bad Boon Rising', which ran at Scotscon under the stirling mastery of Tim Ellis and Trotsky. However, be warned that this module is a two team, two session affair, (ten players - five Orlanthi duck bandits, five Lunar army ballista baboons, two gms, five or six hours playing time) so is probably best thought of as a mini larp.

The entire module, with pdf character sheets and handouts, is a 4.5 meg zip, and I'm happy to email it out. While not exactly an intro module, it is a bit of hoot. Keep it in mind if you're planning a convention. No previous knowledge of epigamic display or duck banditry is assumed.

Cheers

John

At 15:00 1/10/03 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm signed up to run three HQ events at Archon 27 this weekend (2-5 Oct
>2003) in Collinsville, IL, USA (near St. Louis, MO), web site
>http://www.stlf.org/archon/27/. I just ran a HQ event at another local con
>last weekend for people who had no knowledge of Glorantha/HQ, so I'm
>optimistic that some of these events will run. They will all be Heortling
>events unless I get a copy of 'Seven Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em' today and have
>time to convert it.

John Hughes
Centre for Aboriginal Economic Policy Research Australian National University
Canberra ACT 2600

Phone (02) 6125 0649
Visit CAEPR on the web at http://www.anu.edu.au/caepr/