Re: OiD questions

From: DaveCamo_at_...
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 21:15:43 +0000

Hi!

>Page 54 says that 'wyters that are not from Orlanth, Ernalda, or their
>kin' and the context of the otherwise clear statement that 'no wyter
>speaks' implies that only wyters associated with Orlanth and Ernalda are
>unable to speak. OK, but *which* wyters are 'from' Orlanth and Ernalda?

Most clan wyters probably would be. The few Elmali clans would probably be ok. Warband and heroband wyters will vary. If the band's wyter is a Humakti daimon, they're ok. If it's an Orlanthi daimon, they're out of luck.

***********SPOILER WARNING*********** STUFF IS SAID BELOW FROM ORLANTH IS DEAD THAT YOUR NARRATOR MIGHT NOT WANT YOU TO KNOW SO IF YOU'RE A PLAYER WHO HAS NOT BEEN THROUGH THAT STUFF YET, DON'T READ ANY FURTHER!!
>Pages 54 and 55 say that the Lunars have 'a thousand' soldiers at the
>Battle of Iceland. But how many Heortlings are there?

Less since that makes for a more exciting story :-)

The numbers change throughout the battle and the starting number can even be influenced by stuff the players do before the battle occurs. If they're successfull with Ranulf, that will certainly have an impact later in the battle. So will how they've interacted with the Yelmalions in the past.

I never had any players ask how many there were both of the times I ran it. After all, what are they going to do? Stand there and count? :-)

Camo