Re: Re: HippyQuest

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 08:30:32 -0700

I objected to the plethora of "Bad thiungs" that happen when you kill someone, so I wrote the "alternatives to death" section.

The main point is that Death will never come simply because the Dice say so. There is no "Dead" result, only Dying.

If you want to kill someone off, tell the Narrator. He needs to decide how important the soon-to-be-deceased is, and that will dictate how he allows you to kill him (Horrors! Narrativism!). Mooks and gunsels are easy: "I kill him" "Okay, he's dead". Major Henchemen might need a bit more, maybe a roll to succeed. Major Villains might even need a Hero Point to keep down (on the theory that this is messing with the story Big Time). I have an article for Pyramid primed...

RR
- Richelieu