Re: Re: Chaotic HeroQuests?

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_...>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 15:12:22 +0200

Tim :

> > In keeping with Issaries' policy so far there would have to be
> > something new besides the old material we know, so that old farts
> get
> > something out of the third rehash as well.
> >

> "The Boristinomicon"
>
> HQ Rules/Keywords for the "usual" gang of Chaos creatures and cults
> together with The Boristi, the Vadeli, Sorcery schools and Tapping,
> together with examples of "Enemy" members of the Pantheon (eg
> Gagarath and Urain who are presumably still part of the Storm
> Pantheon) and the more dangerous Animist practices (Black Eater)

I can't imagine there'd be any dearth of material.

FWIW, I'd see the Usual Suspects consigned to short-form keyword-dom, with perhaps more extensive treatment for Vivamort (he's a bit more complicated than the others). The "other" Chaos gods of TotRM & BoDR:C fame could easily be fleshed out.

And I guess that the various Chaos Plots of the Hero Wars period could get a mention (possibly as Chaotic "Hero" Bands and their vile and twisted motivations) ...

But anyway, I think this material is easier to write than another book because there's no coherent cultural info necessary.

Like (the excellent) HQV, it would be more a compendium of generally unconnected materials and articles. A chaotic compendium.

Easy.

Julian Lord

PS : As a tangent, I _like_ the presentation of the Gagarthi on p. 237 of HQ : _very_ handy to have a leader and a cult on a single page !

PPS I'm aware that Greg wanted to de-emphasise Chaos in Glorantha, because the main conflicts of the HW have little to do with Chaos.

IMO, the de-emphasising has been successful, and it's time for the tentacled ones to re-emerge from their hiding places ...