Re: Digest Number 196

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 11:36:35 +0000

> From: "Tim Ellis" <tim_at_...>
>Interestingly low turnout so far to this one, even if one of the
>answers is "I don't use HW" - I cheated and answered what the range
>will be when I start "for real" once the Sartar books are out

I think this is one problem. The other is that many people won't reply, because they assume their narrator or another player will reply. If you assume 3-6 players per reply it isn't too bad.

>> 2) Which of the planned players guides for HW are likely to be
>> useful to you (pick as many as you like)? OK, so maybe everyone
>> will just tick all of the options, because we're all completists -
>
>I don't know if it is possible, (it might make a good followup poll
>if it is) but asking us to rank them in the order you'd like to see
>them, all else bring equal might be (a) interesting and (b) more
>useful. Even the Completists might prefer to see one book before
>another...

Ranking is a bad idea because not everyone will rank all replies (or if forced to will find it hard for low priorities). Better to rate them on 1-10 or similar.

Thom