Re: To kill a walktapus

From: BEThexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 14:31:07 -0000

For what it is worth, there is an event in the King of Dragon Pass computer game where you are hired to help hunt down a Walktapus for another clan. If you manage to hack it up, their god talkers burn it in a special ceremony to keep it from regenerating.

Also, in another event in that game, a clan beset by chaos monsters comes seeking the blessing of your Urox temple, so that once they kill the monsters they stay dead.

Both of these imply that magic may be used to keep chaotic regeneration from occuring. This seems to me to be reasonable, and I would think Urox might have the best magic for this.

However, I don't have my books with me, so don't recall what his affinities are. I would think anything like "fight chaos" could be used to do the deed, but it may have to be performed as some sort of ritual (or maybe you even use your 'mythology of Urox' score, to know how the great Bull himself dealt with similar issues, and recreate the ritual exactly, augmenting no doubt with appropriate affinities).

If the thought of Uroxis doing magical rituals strikes you as odd, I think you just need to visualize them with more shouting, smiting, and frothing :)

--Bryan