Re: Afterlife for mixed religions?

From: Kevin P. McDonald <paul_mcdonald_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 09:37:19 -0400

Peter M. writes:

>It depends on their religion. Lunars go to the Moon. Carmanians either go to the afterlives of their god or to solace depending on what their orientation was like in life.

I did some more reading (which I should have done before posting) and found an interesting bit of info in the Cerise Church (HQ page 168). In the Great Secret section it says that worshipers reincarnate instead of going on to Solace. Presumably their Essences hang around for a while in the mixed otherworld of the Red Moon before obtaining a rebirth. The Lunar situation is pretty distinctive, though - if not actually unique.

As for the Carmanians... It sounds to me that you are saying Carmanian Dualism is only mixed on the surface. It is actually two related but distinct religions - one using Wizardry and one Theistic. The two branches of Carmanian Dualism have their own very different afterlifes and ways of judging the dead. Is this true of pretty much all religions that mix Wizardry and Theism? What happens to lay worshipers who don't concentrate their magic? Where do *they* go when they die?

~Kevin McD