Re: Re: Afterlife for mixed religions?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 11:59:22 +1300

At 10:56 AM 10/17/03 -0400, you wrote:

> >The only other example I'm aware of is the Aeolians where they all go
> >to Solace after spending time in the peaceful passage.

>My impression is that the Aeolian faith is not a mixed religion (where
>one faith has worshipers that properly apply different magic systems)
>but rather practice misapplied worship - wizardry practitioners
>venerating theist entities.

Which makes what difference? Does a misapplied worshipper of a God to Solace or the God's afterlife? By making such distinctions and avoiding what the religion actually says, you are making matters unnecessarily difficult.

> My thought is that the
>Lunar Carmanians would believe something like that, but they might
>instead believe, like the Cerisians, that one reincarnates forever.
>Perfection is living within the Cycles.

The Lunar Carmanians, as Lunars, believe that the ultimate goal is not eternal reincarnation but liberation.

--Peter Metcalfe